Erin had a rather difficult night. At midnight they needed to change her IV site. This process took about an hour. Then around 3am they had a sonogram and the babies still look great. They also take vitals every hour. Around 6am Erin woke up not feeling well. At that time we were told they had to increase the Magnesium level even more because she was having consistent contractions. The side effects got more intense.
After six straight days of the Magnesium, Erin had enough and asked to see the Doctor. The Doctor agreed to take her off the Magnesium to try an oral medication that has less side effects.
We are currently weening off the Mag. So far the contractions have not increased. Erin has to be off the Mag completely for two hours before they can start the new medication.
Two scenarios can develop from switching the meds. The new medicine may continue to hold off the contractions or Erin could go into labor. If she goes into labor they will not stop it this time. The babies have had the Steroids they need. A C-section would be performed.
At the moment Erin is getting some well deserved rest.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.